Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Offspring and the importance of time-insensitivity

The Offspring "Smash" release date is a perfect torch-passer moment for me.  I was yet to leave HS, my brother did that same year.  He was off to college.  I was 15 years old.  It was perfect at the time ( well, seriously, still is, tune has aged pretty well. ) But it was great not just for being a great song for what it made me do.  I looked, I ordered their previous album "Ignition" and was initially almost scared off by how much more raw it seemed but eventually I found myself liking it even more than that which once made them popular.  So this things that make you feel old reminisce has turned into a call for searching - If you discover a piece of music you like, and that is the first piece you've ever heard?  Look both forward AND back.  You will discover so much you never thought you would find if you are willing to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment